Most diets are going to fail if you plan on returning back to an unhealthy lifestyle after the diet. Yes, you will likely gain your weight back if you go back to a poor eating plan. If you want to keep your weight off you must make a serious lifestyle change. Many people have underlying health issues such as thyroid problems, cortisol issues and so on. These health issues can hamper weight loss and cause weight gain. In order to try and maintain a healthy weight and lose more weight you must eat healthy!
1. Eat 1200-to-2000 calories per day
- Use the calorie calculator below to see exactly how many calories are in the foods you eat.
- Men and people who are very active can start off eating closer to 2000 calories per day.
- Women and inactive people should start off eating 1200-to-1800 calories per day.
2. Eat anything you want & still lose weight
Despite what you've heard…
- It's really not exactly true that eating bad foods like candy, snacks & fast foods makes you fat… It's the amount of calories you eat that determines whether you get fat, get slimmer or stay at the weight you're at.
- If you weigh 150 pounds and you need to eat about 2000 calories per day to maintain your weight and if you eat 2500 calories per day of the healthiest foods like oatmeal, veggies & baked chicken then You're going to gain weight from eating too much and vice versa.
- If you only eat 1500 calories worth of pizza, snacks and candy daily then You're going to lose weight simply because you're not eating enough to maintain your weight.
- Since the average person needs to eat anywhere between 2000-to-3000 calories per day to maintain their weight… You'll easily lose weight fast eating 1200-to-2000 calories per day no matter what you eat.
- Even if your budget forces you to eat a lot of unhealthy foods or if you're a child or someone who is forced to eat the same thing everyday then don't worry… You'll still lose weight eating anything you want as long as you eat 1200-to-2000 calories per day.
3. Eat whenever you want
- Basically it does not matter when or where you eat as long as you eat the right amount of calories to lose weight.
- Feel free to eat 5 small meals a day or eat 1-to-2 BIGGER meals per day.
- The only time it really matters WHEN you eat is if you're going to workout. So to burn fat faster.
- It's best that you workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach before breakfast (and yes it's okay to drink water during your morning workout) and if you're unable to do this then don't worry because you will still lose weight eating 1200-to-2000 calories per day.
4. Drink at least 1 liter of water per day
- You want to drink at least 1 liter of water per day to prevent any water retention/bloating or false fat gains because your body actually holds onto water when you don't drink enough water.
- 1 liter is 33 ounces or 4 cups or basically TWO 16 ounce bottled waters.
5. Keep a food journal
- You need to track what foods and how many calories you are eating each day so you can easily make changes to help you maintain your weight or to lose weight faster.
- Use the calorie calculator above to make your own menu for the next few days.